How to select a perfect Abaya size at one go based on your body type?
Published on April 10, 2023
Abayas are a type of traditional Islamic dress worn by Muslim women around the world. While it is primarily worn for religious reasons, it has also become a fashion statement in recent years. They are available in different styles, colors, and designs, and they can be accessorized with different types of jewelry, scarves, and shoes.
Over the years, abayas have been modernized to cater to the preferences of younger generations, while still maintaining the traditional elements of the dress. Modern abayas come in various fabrics, such as chiffon, silk, and cotton, and feature intricate embroidery, beading, and lace. They also come in different styles, such as the butterfly abaya, the kaftan abaya, and the kimono abaya, among others.
Fashion designers have also incorporated abayas into their collections, showcasing the versatility and beauty of the dress. Many fashion shows now include models wearing abayas on the runway, showcasing the latest trends and styles.
In addition, the rise of social media has also contributed to the popularity of abayas as a fashion statement. Many influencers and bloggers share their styles and outfits featuring abayas, inspiring others to experiment with the dress and create their unique looks.
Today, abayas has become an integral part of Islamic fashion and is evolving with the changing trends and preferences of the fashion industry.
How to select a perfect Abaya size in one go based on your body type?
Selecting the perfect Abaya size can be tricky, but with a few simple steps, you can find the right fit for your body type:
- Measure yourself: Take accurate measurements of your height, bust, waist, and hips. This will help you determine which size to choose.
- Look at the size chart: Each Abaya brand may have a slightly different size chart, so make sure to refer to the size chart of the brand you are buying from.
- Determine your body type: Knowing your body type can help you choose a size that will fit you well. If you are an apple shape (carrying weight around your midsection), you may want to choose a size that fits your waist and flows away from your body. If you are a pear shape (carrying weight around your hips), you may want to choose a size that is fitted at the top and flows out from your hips.
- Consider your preferences: Some people prefer a looser fit, while others prefer a more fitted look. Take this into account when choosing your size.
- Check reviews: Look for reviews from other customers who have bought the same Abaya. They may provide insights on whether the sizing runs small or large.
- Try it on: Once you receive your Abaya, try it on and make sure it fits comfortably. If it feels too tight or too loose, consider exchanging it for a different size.
Bear in mind that finding the perfect Abaya size may require some trial and error, but taking the time to measure yourself and consider your body type can help you make a more informed decision.
How to pick an Abaya as per your body shape?
Choosing an abaya that flatters your body type can make a significant difference in your overall look and comfort. Here are some tips on how to pick an abaya based on your body type:
- Hourglass body shape: If you have an hourglass figure, you may want to consider a fitted abaya that accentuates your curves. A belted or cinched waistline can also enhance your silhouette.
- Pear-shaped body: If you carry weight around your hips and thighs, look for an abaya with a flared bottom that flows away from the body. A V-neckline can also help elongate your upper body.
- Apple-shaped body: If you have a fuller midsection, opt for an abaya with an A-line shape that skims over your body. Avoid belted or cinched waists that may emphasize your midsection.
- Petite body: If you have a smaller frame, choose an abaya that is shorter in length and has minimal detailing. Avoid abayas with voluminous fabrics or heavy embroidery that can overwhelm your small frame.
- Tall body: If you are tall, look for an abaya with longer lengths that will complement your height. You can also experiment with voluminous fabrics and bold prints.
- Athletic body: If you have a more athletic body type with broad shoulders and muscular arms, consider an abaya with a loose and flowy silhouette that does not cling to your body. Avoid abayas with tight or fitted sleeves.
To sum it up, choosing an abaya that flatters your body type involves selecting a silhouette that accentuates your best features and enhances your overall look and comfort. By taking into account your body shape, you can select an abaya that makes you feel confident and stylish.
How To Measure For Your Abaya?
It is easy to measure your abaya to ensure that you get the right size for your body. Here are some of the steps to follow:
- Height: Stand up straight against a wall with your shoes off, and have someone measure from the top of your head to the floor.
- Bust: Wrap a measuring tape around the fullest part of your bust, ensuring that it is snug but not too tight.
- Waist: Measure around the smallest part of your waistline, which is usually around the belly button.
- Hips: Measure around the widest part of your hips, ensuring that the measuring tape is parallel to the ground.
- Arm length: Bend your arm slightly, and measure from the top of your shoulder down to your wrist.
- Abaya length: Decide on the length of the abaya that you want, and measure from the top of your shoulder down to the desired length.
Once you have taken your measurements, refer to the size chart of the brand you are purchasing from to select the right size. It is also helpful to read customer reviews, as they can provide insight into how the abaya fits and whether it runs true to size.
By taking accurate measurements and referring to the size chart, you can find the perfect abaya size that fits your body type and ensures that you are comfortable and confident in your dress.
Choosing the Perfect length of Abaya based on your height
Selecting the perfect length of an abaya based on your height is important to ensure that you look and feel comfortable in the dress. Here are some tips to help you choose the right length of an abaya based on your height:
- Shorter than 5'4" (162 cm): If you are shorter than 5'4", it is recommended to go for an abaya that is no longer than ankle length. An abaya that is too long can make you look short.
- Between 5'4" and 5'6" (162 cm - 167 cm): If you are between 5'4" and 5'6", an abaya that falls just above the ankle or mid-calf may be the most flattering length for you.
- Between 5'6" and 5'8" (167 cm - 173 cm): If you are between 5'6" and 5'8", a floor-length abaya may be the perfect length for you. This will make you appear taller and more graceful.
- Between 5'8" and 5'10" (173 cm - 178 cm): If you are between 5'8" and 5'10", a longer abaya that falls just above the ground may be the best option for you. This length will make you look elegant and sophisticated.
- Taller than 5'10" (178 cm): If you are taller than 5'10", it is recommended to choose an abaya that falls to the ground. This will help balance your height and make you look more proportional.
Bear in mind that these are general guidelines, and you should ultimately choose the length of the abaya that makes you feel most comfortable and confident. You can also experiment with different lengths to find the one that suits your style and body type the best.
Choosing the right style, design, and collection of Abaya for you
When it comes to choosing the right style, design, and collection of abayas, there are many factors to consider, such as your personal style, occasion, and body type. Here are some tips to help you find the perfect abaya:
- Personal style: Think about your personal style and what types of clothing you feel most comfortable in. Do you prefer classic or modern designs? Do you like bold prints or solid colors? Choosing an abaya that reflects your personal style will help you feel confident and stylish.
- Occasion: Reflect on the occasion that you will be wearing the abaya. Is it a formal event or a casual outing? Choose an abaya that is appropriate for the occasion and complements your outfit.
- Body type: As discussed earlier, choosing an abaya that flatters your body type is important. Consider the silhouette that accentuates your best features and enhances your overall look and comfort.
- Design: There are many different designs of the abaya, such as kaftan, kimono, open abaya, and more. Choose a design that suits your style and occasion.
- Collection: Different collections offer unique designs and styles, such as traditional, modern, or luxury abayas. Consider the collection that offers the style and design that you prefer.
- Fabric: Choose a fabric that is comfortable and appropriate for the occasion. For example, a lightweight fabric like chiffon may be ideal for a summer outing, while a heavier fabric like velvet may be better for a formal event.
Ultimately, the right style, design, and collection of abaya for you will depend on your personal preferences, body type, and occasion. By taking these factors into consideration, you can find an abaya that makes you look and feel confident and stylish.
Choosing the right abaya fabric to keep you breathing
Picking the right abaya fabric is important to ensure that you are comfortable and able to breathe while wearing it. Here are some fabrics that are popular for abayas and provide breathability:
- Cotton: Cotton is a lightweight and breathable fabric that is perfect for hot and humid weather. It is soft and comfortable and allows air to circulate freely around the body, keeping you cool and comfortable.
- Linen: Linen is another breathable and lightweight fabric that is perfect for summer. It is made from natural fibers, which allow air to circulate and help to wick moisture away from the body, keeping you dry and comfortable.
- Rayon: Rayon is a lightweight and breathable fabric that is perfect for summer. It has a silky feel and drapes beautifully, making it a popular choice for abayas.
- Chiffon: Chiffon is a lightweight and sheer fabric that is perfect for summer. It is breathable and provides good air circulation, making it a comfortable choice for hot weather.
- Crepe: Crepe is a lightweight and textured fabric that is perfect for summer. It has a slight stretch and provides good air circulation, making it comfortable to wear.
When choosing an abaya fabric, it is important to consider the weather and temperature in which it will be worn. Breathable fabrics like cotton, linen, rayon, chiffon, and crepe can help keep you cool and comfortable in hot weather, while heavier fabrics like wool or velvet may be more appropriate for cooler temperatures. Moreover, consider the occasion and style of the abaya, as some fabrics may be more appropriate for formal events or occasions than others.
Matching your Abaya with the right Hijab
When it comes to choosing the right color for your abaya, there are a few things to keep in mind, such as your personal preference, occasion, and skin tone. Here's a guide to help you pick the perfect abaya color and matching hijab:
- Consider your personal style and what colors you feel most comfortable in. Do you prefer neutral colors like black, white, or beige, or do you like bold colors like red, blue, or green? Choose a color that reflects your personal style and makes you feel confident and comfortable.
- What is the occasion that you will be wearing the abaya for? Is it a formal event or a casual outing? Choose a color that is appropriate for the occasion and complements your outfit.
- Pick a color that complements your skin tone. If you have a warm skin tone, colors like orange, yellow, and red can look great on you. If you have a cool skin tone, colors like blue, purple, and green can be flattering.
- Consider the contrast between your abaya and hijab. A contrasting hijab can add dimension and interest to your outfit, while a matching hijab can create a cohesive and polished look.
- Consider the season and time of year. For example, lighter colors like pastels may be more appropriate for spring and summer, while darker colors like navy or burgundy may be more appropriate for fall and winter.
When it comes to picking a matching hijab, consider the color and style of your abaya. A hijab in a complementary or contrasting color can add dimension and interest to your outfit. Moreover, consider the fabric and texture of your hijab, as it can affect the overall look and feel of your outfit.
Overall, the key to picking the right abaya color and matching hijab is to consider your personal style, occasion, skin tone, contrast, and season. By taking these factors into consideration, you can create a stylish and cohesive outfit that makes you feel confident and comfortable.
To sum it up,
Feeling nice and at ease in your clothing is essential to finding the appropriate outfit. Many women wear abayas on a daily basis, and finding the ideal one is no longer difficult if you keep the aforementioned things in mind. It can be challenging at first to choose the proper website, therefore we advise you to check out the vast categories of abaya that Abayakart.com has to offer. No matter where you live in the world, we will provide premium, genuine Islamic fashion attire right to your home without making you work too much.
Abayakart.com provides you with Islamic dresses online which you can buy at the best price. We provide you with the best abayas, hijabs, kaftans, and other accessories online at an economical price. Abayakart provides personalized abayas which means you can send us your body size and we will reshape it as per your measurements.
We provide free shipping worldwide so no matter where you are, we will give you the best Islamic dresses at your doorstep. Call us at +91-8156 999 555 to know more.