Effortless way to style open & closed abaya
Published on March 08, 2023
Glamor is everything, especially during the holiday season. It's that time of year again when everyone dons their sequins, scarlet, and heels. 2022 has seen a simpler, more understated approach to glamour, and we love it. Fashion-wise, donning a hijab for the holidays is elegant and refined. Thus, we had to give you some inspiration for hijab outfits for the holiday season of 2023. These straightforward yet elegant hijab festive costumes along with abaya styling tips will inspire you to dress up this season, whether you're attending an Eid-Ul-Fitr, Christmas party, or getting ready for New Years.
Muslim women traditionally cover their bodies, hair, and legs with abayas as a sign of modesty and adherence to Islamic traditions. One of the most popular of their many types and designs is the open and closed abaya.
Open Abayas: Often referred to as "kimono" or "cardigan" style abayas, open abayas feature an open front that promotes greater mobility and a more comfortable fit. They can be worn over other garments and frequently have long, wide sleeves. Compared to closed abayas, they are thought to be more adaptable and comfortable.
Closed Abayas: Often referred to as "traditional" or "classic" style abayas, closed abayas have a closed front that completely encloses the wearer's body. They frequently feature a button or snap closure and a more tailored, structural shape. They are frequently worn at religious occasions or in conservative contexts since they are seen as more formal and traditional than open abayas.
Which Abaya type to wear depends on your preference and the event you are dressing for. Each has its own distinctive looks and feels. It's crucial to dress modestly and with respect while wearing the abaya, keeping in mind the local culture and traditions.
Styling tips for closed abayas
Closed abayas, sometimes referred to as "traditional" or "classic" style abayas, have a closed front that completely encloses the body. Here are some etiquette pointers for closed abayas:
- Layer it: This is an excellent choice if you are wondering how to style abaya in winter. Closed abayas can be worn on top of other outfits like a maxi dress or a long-sleeved shirt and jeans. On colder days, layering can also aid in keeping you warm.
- Accessorize: You can add finesse to your closed abaya by adding a belt or sash to cinch in the waist. A scarf, a set of earrings, or a necklace are additional accessories you can wear.
- Wear a hijab: Combining a closed abaya with a hijab can increase coverage while also elevating the appearance.
- Add a jacket: A jacket or blazer worn over a closed abaya can dress up the appearance and be practical on chilly days.
- Wear comfy shoes: Although closed abayas can be long and flowing, it's crucial to wear shoes so that they wont get caught on the hem.
- While black is the most common color for closed abayas, you can experiment with other colors to create a more distinctive style.
- Choose the right size: Be careful to select the right size for your closed abaya because an improperly fitting abaya can be unpleasant and difficult to move in.
To sum it up, closed abayas can be dressed up and sophisticated if you know how to wear them. To do so, layer them with various outfits, accessorize, wear a headscarf or a jacket, select comfortable shoes, and play around with color. It's crucial to dress modestly and with respect while wearing the abaya, keeping in mind the local culture and traditions.
Style Ideas for open abayas
Open abayas sometimes referred to as "kimono" or "cardigan" style abayas, have an open front that promotes greater mobility and a more comfortable fit. One of the popular Arab style abayas, here are some suggestions for how to style open abayas:
- Layer it: Open abayas can be worn on top of other outfits like a dress or a long-sleeved shirt and pants. On colder days, layering can also aid in keeping you warm.
- Accessorize: You may dress up your open abaya by adding a belt or sash to cinch in the waist. A scarf, a set of earrings, or a necklace are additional accessories you can wear.
- Wear a hijab: A hijab can be worn with an open abaya to provide covering and refine the appearance.
- Add a jacket: Over an open abaya, a jacket or blazer can lend a sense of refinement and be practical on chilly days.
- Choose comfortable footwear: Open abayas can be long and flowing, so it's crucial to select footwear that won't catch in the hem. While black is the most common color for open abayas, you can experiment with other colors to create a more distinctive style.
- Choose the right size: Be sure to select the right size for your open abaya.
- Wear it with jeans: For a more relaxed appearance, open abayas can be worn with some jeans and a t-shirt.
- Experiment with prints and patterns: Open abayas come in a range of floral, geometric, and striped prints and patterns. They may increase the look's visual appeal.
- Pair an open abaya with a statement accessory: To add a touch of class and refinement, wear an open abaya with a lengthy necklace or a set of display earrings.
- Experiment with draping: To give some variety to the style, open abayas can be draped in a variety of ways, such as off one shoulder or with one side tucked in.
- Pair it with a cami: For a more contemporary, summery style, open abayas can be layered over a cami top and shorts.
- Experiment with lengths: Open abayas can be anywhere between knee- and floor length. Try out several lengths to determine which one suits you the best.
How to look slim in abaya
Here are some tips on how to look slim in Abaya.
An abaya that sweeps the floor never looks glamorous and its true if it appears excessively short. Always try on an abaya while wearing both heels and flats, and decide for a length that is just a few millimeters below your ankle when purchasing one.
2.Sleeve of the arms
The sleeve length is as important as the hem of the abaya. The sleeves can ruin a beautiful look and interfere with your daily activities if they are excessively long or short. Make sure the sleeves end exactly at your wrists unless, of course, you are going for 3/4th sleeves.
3.Tight body-fitting abayas are a no-no.
This is one of the major fashion blunders that destroys your entire appearance right away. It's never a good idea to squeeze into a body-skimming abaya that are two sizes too small. You should consider your size if you have trouble getting the two sides to fit together or finding it difficult to put on.
4.Infinite Fabric Layers
Swimming in fabric will have an overpowering impact, especially for women who have a small frame. Abayas should fit comfortably over your shoulders and not make you feel too powerful. Abayas with belts are highly figure-flattering and draw attention to a trim waist.
5.No thick fabrics
Excessive layering of clothes can ruin a streamlined appearance. Keep to a basic attire made of breathable materials. The following advice can be helpful in the winter when you're wanting to stay warm yet don't want to appear puffy.
Abayas are seasonal, much like the majority of your wardrobe items. Choose linen, silk, or cotton overlays during the summer. You won't need to worry about wearing numerous layers throughout the cold months if you wear an abaya or bisht made of wool.
2.Elegant, not clever
Embellishments and embroidery look attractive and offer elegance and depth to your outfit only when they are done with precision and accuracy. Look closely at the craftsmanship of the embellishments while purchasing an abaya. After all, sloppy crystal placement, torn needlework, and unraveling sequins are never fashionable.
3.Not Overly Excited About Static
Abayas have a tendency for static cling. Such issues can be prevented when you avoid synthetic materials like polyester. Rather choose fabrics such as cotton, silk, fabric, etc
4.Choosing as per the Occasion
Wear the right abaya as per the occasion. Overlays that are casual look excellent with casual clothing, but pick stunners for special occasions.
5.. Classic Black
Black abayas have a tendency to lose their color and fade with repeated use. It's time to replace your black abaya with a new one if you start to see this happening.To sum it up, if you know how to style abaya fashion, open abayas can be fashionable and elegant. You can layer them with other outfits, accessorize, use a hijab, add a jacket, choose comfortable shoes, and experiment with colors. You can also pair them with jeans, play with prints and patterns, add a statement piece, experiment with draping, wear it with a cami, and experiment with lengths. It's crucial to dress modestly and with respect while wearing the abaya, keeping in mind the local culture and traditions.
We at Abayakart are one of the top Islamic fashion sites that offer you stylish abaya and hijab collection for both kids and women. We provide customized abaya that can be catered as per your body measurements.
Our aim is to spread the love for Abaya and hijab worldwide. Keeping that in mind, we provide worldwide shipping. So, no matter where you are, we provide you your favorite abayas at doorstep.